Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thinking Of The Homeless Tonight


Hello everyone I am Ruth and I am a 75 year old widow who lives in Ellenwood.  Tonight I am worried about our homeless citizens in the area and there are many. When my son takes me to the doctor I see them in the woods around the I-675 and I-75 exits.  Lord I pray they will not freeze to death tonight because there is no homeless shelter in the area.  It seems that Henry County and the local cities can spend money on things we really don’t need, but they cannot have a homeless shelter in an empty building in the area which there are many.  The Christian community needs to step up and speak about this issue soon before they find people frozen to death.  I feel that the NAACP should get involved as well to help those in need.  Not everyone under those exists are there because they want to be.  We see everyone complain about ego built problems yet they can’t see what is needed in front of them.   I thank this man who has this blog so I can have a place
 to voice my opinion because I have sent it to another site that refuses to print what I have to say on this matter. It isn’t what they call politically correct to find false with an area that has many.  No town or county will ever be perfect and Henry and it’s cities are far from it, but there are good people here who do see this same problem.  Please don’t turn your back on those who need help in this very cold weather.  The reason I am so adamant about this is because I am an old black lady who remembers when her uncle froze to death in Chicago because no one would let him in back in 1923 because he was black.  Please remember it doesn’t matter what color you are to be homeless.





Ruth Sims

The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following a link on this site.  Any article sent by citizens are their own property.

No comments:

Post a Comment