Sunday, September 10, 2017

Turning Fifty And Missing You Sweetheart


It’s been sixteen years sweetheart since you were taken from me on that clear blue September day. I have thought of you every day and I still miss you so much that tears still flow for you. For some time now I have been thinking of you in a different way. This year I will turn fifty later in September. I still see you as that beautiful twenty six year old that I lost. It’s hard to see you as a forty three year old lady you would have been. I think of what our kids would be now. They would be just a year or two younger than my grand niece Victoria. She was born in late January after you were taken from me. You would have love Vic she is a little like you were a little tom boy, but also a little girly too. She was born just four months after you were gone and she saved me from going crazy over losing you sweetheart. You see my niece Kristie needed someone to watch Vic, so she could work and I said I would watch her for Kristie. Vic helped me to keep my mind busy from your tragic passing.   

After I was injured on the job, and we decided I would run our farm and raise a small herd of ostriches, I think of what our farm would be like now with the horses and the birds. I can see you teaching Vic and our kids to ride horses and how to take care of them. I think of how well you would have done in your architectural and engineering work you loved so much. Whenever I see a couple I can’t help but think of us and how happy we were together and then I think of what would have been, and I get very sad and lonely in my heart. Baby, I miss everything about you. Your long golden hair, your bright blue eyes, your caring heart, your love. But most of all I just miss you being next to me and having my back on things. I look back and I can honestly say the six years we were together were the years I was alive. So, as I am about to be fifty years old I can still say you will always be my love of a lifetime.

Alfred Britt.  

Photographs, Memories Of You.

I look at your photograph and remember there was no mountain we could not climb,
Looking at your beautiful smile takes me back to a wonderful time.

I have photographs of you throughout the house,
My love for you is so strong it cannot be dowsed.

I think of your love that you gave freely,
For you to be in my arms looking into each other’s eyes is what I need really.

I have photographs of you and your bright beautiful smile,
I remember the love you had for me with your own kind of style.

Your photographs remind me of the time I was truly alive,
For the past sixteen years, I have ceased to live without your love by my side.

As I am about to turn fifty years old,  I still see you as the twenty six year old sweetheart I lost,
But I know you would be a beautiful lady now, but without you by my side, I am living in a world of the tumbled and tossed.

Alfred Britt
(c)2017

No comments:

Post a Comment