Saturday, September 10, 2016

It’s Been Fifteen Years Of Darkness


It’s Been Fifteen Years Of Darkness

Sweetheart it’s been fifteen years since my world ended and life became cold,lonely and empty without you as my wife. The day you were killed a large part of me died too and I have not been the same since. I have thought and cried for you every day since that  September day. Friends and family have told me I need to move on with my life. But how do you do that when a large part of my life is missing. Your best friend Jill has been talking to me. She told me you would want me to move on and make another lady as happy as I made you. I have been giving it thought but I always think about you and I stumble back into my cold dark hole in my heart. Later this month I will turn 49 years old, you know baby one of my biggest fears was being alone. I have struggled for 15 years of being alone without you in my life. I am writing a book about our 6 years together in hopes that sharing our story with family and close friends will help me heal and give a better understanding of what we meant to each other and the pain I am in and have been in for 15 years. You will always have a large part of my heart till the day I die sweetheart even if I move on with another lady in my life. You made an impact on my life that I will never forget. You gave me hope that I had value in this world by your love for me and my family. You showed me that even someone like me could be loved by a beautiful, smart lady like you. You gave me the strength to do the best I could in all I would do. You had me sitting on top of the world with your beautiful blue eyes looking into mine and saying you loved me with all your heart. I will never ever forget how much you changed my life and what all you did for me. Baby you were my love of a lifetime. 

Famine 

He sits in a cold lonely corner crying,
His eyes watery and red with no signs of drying.

He remembers times of the past with a gleam in his eye,
Those times were great, he felt so alive to be happy he must try. 

 He looks around his house at all that could be, 
But he also sees the emptiness of it and the cold returns by degree. 

He remembers the beautiful love he had,
Death took her in an instant and times he gets mad.

At times he puts up a good fight to keep trying,
But the slightest setback and he is back in the corner crying.

Without his own family, he can’t seem to get a good life to start,
He returns to the cold lonely corner crying suffering from famine of the soul and heart.   

Alfred Britt
(c)2016

As we remember the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 remember we are still in danger from terrorist to this day. We must remember the families that lost loved ones on this day. They are still hurting and will be hurting for the rest of their lives. It’s been 15 years and I see a diminishing of events to honor those that died that day and that died to punish the offenders. I do not understand this at all. We were attacked and our loved ones were murdered on that day. Do you not give a damn about your own friends and family? We must fight to preserve our way of life and if that means closing all borders and immigration into the Country then so be it and if it means kicking out some then so be it too. We need to build up our military to be the biggest baddest beast there is in the world. We must fund the FBI, NSA and CIA so the military knows what to fight and kick ass.  It’s time America took a stand and to hell with what the rest of the world thinks about us. Now let’s get to work people we are Americans!!    

Alfred Britt.

1 comment:

  1. I pray for all those who lost someone on that tragic day 15 years ago. I do see where people are making jokes and light of what happened that day and this is wrong. It shows a further moral decline in America.

    ReplyDelete