Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Easter Story



Easter Story   
      Last year April on a Sunday we
 took one of our "nowhere" drives.  My husband
 was quietly driving a back road.  I was  occupied
 in the front passenger seat watching the  scenery.
  I noticed out of the corner of
 my eye  that my husband was straining to look out my
 window.  This startled me, since his eyes should have
 been on the  road in front of him.  I asked him
 what he was  looking at out the windows, and he quietly
 replied,  "Nothing." His eyes went back to
 the road in front of  him.  After a few minutes, I looked
 over at my  husband and noticed a tear.  I asked
 him what was  wrong.  This time he told me,
 "I was just thinking  about Pop and a story he had
 once told me"  Of  course, because it
 had to do with his Pop I wanted to  know the story, so
 I asked him to share it with me. He  said, "When I
 was about 8 years old, Pop and I were out  fishing and
 that's when he told me that the Pine trees  know
 when it is Easter.."  I had no idea what he
 meant by that, so I pressed him for more information.
 He  continued on... "The Pine trees start their
 new growth  in the weeks before Easter -- if you look
 at the tops of  the Pine trees two weeks before, you
 will see the yellow  shoots.  As the days get
 closer to Easter Sunday,  the tallest shoot will branch
 off and form a cross.   By the time Easter Sunday
 comes around, you will  see that most of the Pine trees
 will have small yellow  crosses on all of the tallest
 shoots."
 I turned to  look out the window and I couldn't
 believe my eyes.   It was a week before Easter,
 and you could see all  of the trees with the tall
 yellow shoots stretching to  Heaven. The tallest ones
 shone in the sunlight like rows  of tiny golden
 crosses. MAY
 GOD  BLESS YOU AS YOU WATCH FOR THE CROSS  

The Blog Staff.

1 comment: