Tuesday, March 24, 2015

It's that time of year again


It's that time of year again.

I received a phone call from a friend in the Windsong Subdivision off Eagles Landing Parkway.
He was telling me that last night he heard a sound like a baby crying so he stepped out on his deck
only to see a panther in his back yard. He said he yelled at it and it ran in to the woods. I told him that he is in a good place to see
panthers this time of year. You have Rum Creek,Reeves Creek joining Little Cotton Indian Creek. The panthers travel along the creeks and water ways
this time of year going back North to their Summer homes. I looked today in my fresh tilled garden and I found tracks as I did last year 10 feet from
my back deck. They are looking for food so be very careful leaving dog and cat food out. If you see one get inside as soon as you can. If you must get out after dark take a flashlight
and have it turned on it will help deter them from coming after you.

Alfred
Blog owner.   

1 comment:

  1. This is true it is time for these animals to be working their way back north. There has been signs and sounds coming from along the Big Cotton Indian Creek also. Just be careful out and about by yourself with these cats on the move.

    ReplyDelete