Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Eighteen Years Of Sorrow And Heartache


It’s been eighteen years since I lost the love of my life Lisa in the terrorist attacks on 9/11/2001. I have been through every emotion you can imagine and some you can’t. I think of her every day of my life and I miss her so much that it hurts my very soul. My life has changed so much since that day, I am not the same person I was before the attacks that took her away. 

I see my country going down a path of destruction that we may not be able to stop. We are seeing the very kind of people that killed Lisa being elected to public office and that is wrong on so many levels. Seeing this hurts so much. But what hurts me more is people that I thought were my friends have turned out to be just as bad as the terrorists themselves. You see showing the photos and videos of the towers on fire and falling down is very, very hard for the people to see that lost loved ones. I have written a blog about why they should not be posting photos and videos of the event. But they are so ignorant and stupid they keep doing the same thing to try and get a political message out. It shows a lack of intelligence on their part that they have to use the photos instead of their words to get their point across. These people need to be ostracized from the community for being just as bad as the terrorists.

Sweetheart, I miss you so much I think of you every day. I remember all of our plans for our life together. I remember you designing our house your dad was going to have built for us. We were on track to a great life together as man and wife and a few kids. I miss holding you in my arms and telling you how much I love you. When I was hurt in the line of duty you stood by me and told me we would work it out because I was your everything in your life. You told me we would have a beautiful life together full of love and grace. But that did not happen for us. I guess I am still bitter about losing you because I love you so much and would do anything for you. If I could I would have taken your place, but I feel a part of me died that day too. I will never be the same and I will never be happy for the rest of my life. I lost my best friend and my love of a lifetime. I love you, darling. 

Alfred Britt.

Our Song  Love Of A Lifetime




No comments:

Post a Comment